- 0101.December.Sundayhttps://mcsajohannesburg.org/event/dome-pools-hike-with-dobek/Meet leader: Dobek Pater tel 083 306 2306 / email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Dome Pools are an ideal destination on a hot summer’s day. After sweating it out on a relatively easy approach, you can enjoy the multitude of pools along the stream at leisure. There is plenty of space to spread out and bum slide (mind the long one; it is deceptive), jump into deep water, splash in the pools and sizzle in the sun. Shade can be a bit scarce along parts of the stream in midday sun, so bring a hat and sun screen.
The hike is not difficult, with a gradual rise going upstream, although on the way back you do need to climb back up the hill from the stream bed. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to reach the first set of rock pools and slides. This will be the main base for the day. Some may want to hike over the top or follow the stream bed to the camp site further up the kloof and beyond. We will hike out in the afternoon and plan to be back in the parking lot by around 16h00. You can hike out earlier, if you wish, as long as you can find your way back to the car (pretty straight forward, if you don’t miss a key turnoff).
Please contact Dobek to sign up and get more details.
- 0202.December.MondayNo events
- 0303.December.TuesdayNo events
- 0404.December.WednesdayNo events
- 0505.December.ThursdayNo events
- 0606.December.FridayNo events
- 0707.December.SaturdayNo events